- Eamonn M. M. Quigley, Microbiota-brain-gut axis and neurodegenerative diseases, Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. Online op 17 oktober 2017. doi: 10.1007/s11910-017-0802-6
- Nicholas M. Vogt e.a., Gut microbiome alterations in Alzheimer’s disease, Scientific Reports. Online op 19 oktober 2017. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-13601-y
- Francesca Pistollato e.a, Role of gut microbiota and nutrients in amyloid formation and pathogenesis of Alzheimer disease, Nutrition Reviews. Online op 1 oktober 2016. doi: 10.1093/nutrit/nuw023
- Esther Aarts e.a. Gut microbiome in ADHD and its relation to neural reward anticipation, PLoS ONE. Online op 1 september 2017. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0183509
- Elisabeth Svensson e.a. Vagotomy and subsequent risk of Parkinson’s disease, Annals of Neurology. Online op 29 mei 2015. doi.org/10.1002/ana.24448
Also relationship between intestinal flora and connective tissue?
Studies show that the intestinal flora also affects fibromyalgia.
If these results are confirmed, this gives an extra indication that the intestines, and more specifically the intestinal flora, play a very important role in good health. We can also say that we have to be careful with the use of antibiotics, which of course can also change the intestinal flora.